*FOR SPRING PRE-SESSION/WINTER BREAK PROGRAMS, SELECT THE "SPRING 2023" TERM WHEN YOU APPLY
MAPS (Multi-Award Program Specific) Scholarship Application
Use the MAPS Scholarship Application to apply to the below education abroad scholarships. For information about individual award amounts, eligibility, and requirements, click here.
- Career Connection Scholarship
- Charlotte Kramer Foreign Study Scholarship
- Christian Lieding Scholarship and Fellowship
- Jack & Mary Von Gillern Family Scholarship
- Jessica Lutton Bedient Study Abroad Scholarship
- Kent E. & Janet Allen Searl International Experience Scholarship
- Robert C. Sorenson & Marjorie Mattson Sorenson Scandinavian Scholarship
- STEMGen Abroad Scholarship
- Trailblazer Scholarship
- UNL API Scholarships
- UNL ISA Scholarships
MAPS Scholarship applications will also be shared with the following UNL colleges and departments for consideration for additional funding:
- UNL College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- UNL College of Business
- UNL Department of Modern Languages & Literatures
The MAPS Scholarship Application does NOT apply to the following scholarship programs (students will need to complete an additional scholarship application):
- Early Abroad Scholarship
- Edythe Wiebers International Studies Program Scholarship
In addition, there are many scholarships through UNL Departments and Colleges, study abroad program providers, the US Government and various other institutions and organizations that are NOT included in the MAPS Scholarship Application, and have their own applications, deadlines, and requirements. Students should be sure to do a thorough web search to find all the scholarships that might be applicable to them and their chosen education abroad program.
The total number of awards available ranges from year to year and all are highly competitive. Awards range from $500 to $3500 and occasionally beyond. NOTE: If the total cost of participation in your program is less than the listed scholarship amount, the scholarship funding will be adjusted downward not to exceed 50% of the total program cost.
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student in good standing at UNL in the academic semester immediately preceding the term for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Enrolled in an education abroad program sponsored by or approved for credit by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. You may start the scholarship application prior to your acceptance into a program.