Programs : Brochure
- Program Terms: Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
- Dates / Deadlines
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad or internship programs abroad worldwide.
The Gilman Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs fosters mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries to promote friendly, sympathetic, and peaceful relations. -From the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship website
Use of this Registration form: This "application" should be used in addition to your official Gilman scholarship application. This registration form is meant as a way for you to notify us that you intend to apply; this way, we can work with you to ensure you are eligible for the Gilman Scholarship and that you have completed all of the necessary items for your Gilman Scholarship application.
BE SURE TO COMPLETE AN OFFICIAL GILMAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IN ADDITION TO THIS REGISTRATION FORM. The official Gilman scholarship application can be found on their website: Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program Website
Eligible Term Abroad: Spring 2021, Summer 2021 or Fall/Academic Year 2021-2022
Application Cycle 2 - due March 9, 2021
Eligible Term Abroad: This cycle encompasses Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Academic Year 2021-2022, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022 programs.
Steps to Apply:
1. Meet with an Education Abroad Coordinator to discuss your program options. Call: 402-472-5358 for an appointment or walk in between 1:00-4:00. Selecting the RIGHT program that connects to your academic and career interests is key.
2. Register your intent to apply for the Gilman on MyWorld by clicking Apply Now below.
3. Review Gilman Essay Tip Sheet & Template in MyWorld.
4. Work with Dr. Damuth, UNL’s Fellowships Advisor and the Gilman Education Abroad Team on your essays.
5. Complete the official Gilman Scholarship online application https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/(Cycle 1 Application Due October 8th by 11:59 pm Central Time)
Students that do not receive the Gilman during Cycle 1 whose programs start between May 2020 and April 2021 may apply again during Cycle 2. (Due March 9 rd by 11:59 pm)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2022||10/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2022||02/01/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2022||03/01/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2022-2023||03/01/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.