The Education Abroad Office, in partnership with the UNL Passport Office, is giving away 100 passports to University of Nebraska-Lincoln students. The cost of obtaining a passport is approximately $160 (application fees + photos).
To be considered for a free passport, you must be:
Priority is given to:
- a current UNL undergraduate student, actively enrolled in Fall 2021
- a U.S. citizen
- at least 18 years old
- applying for your first US passport (if you are renewing your passport, you are not eligible for this opportunity)
- first generation college students
- students who articulate financial need
- students who have two or more semesters remaining before graduation
- students who plan to participate in an education abroad program during their undergraduate career
Recipients will be selected based on meeting eligibility requirements and quality of the application essay.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application will close on Friday, October 1 at 11:59 pm.
You will be asked to answer the following questions:
We know the process and cost of obtaining a passport can be a barrier to going abroad. What does having a passport mean to you? What opportunities will this passport unlock? How will these experiences impact your education? (Maximum of 250 words).
Please briefly describe any financial obstacles you have experienced that would make you a good candidate to receive a free passport (an approximately $160 value).
Once you complete the online form, your information will be reviewed by the Education Abroad Office. You will receive an email by Friday, October 15 indicating whether you have been selected to receive a passport. If you are selected, you will receive detailed information regarding your next steps.
More info coming soon!
Please contact the Education Abroad Office at 402-472-5358 or email@example.com.